2019 Prospectus for Self-support Programs at Lanzhou University
Edit Time： View：0
Lanzhou University, founded in 1909, is one of the earliest higher education institutions built in modern China and is a comprehensive university directly under the Ministry of Education of China. It is also one of the key universities of the national "985 Project" and "211 Project", and is one of the national "Double First-Class" construction universities.
Lanzhou University covering all 12 disciplines, which include a large number of advantageous disciplines in chemistry, physics, material science, earth science, plant zoology, mathematics, engineering, biology and biochemistry, environment and ecology, clinical medicine, medicine and toxicology, and agricultural science.
Lanzhou University enrolls self-support students from all over the world.
Degree students: March to July
Non-degree students: January to December
Summer Chinese program：April to June
II. Study Period
Bachelor Degree: 4 years (medical specialty is 5 years)
Master Degree: 2-3 years
Doctoral Degree: 4 years
Non-degree students: 0.5-2years
Chinese Language Learning Students
RMB 11,000/Academic Year
RMB 5,500/Academic Term
RMB 16,000/Academic Year(Liberal Arts)
RMB 19,000/Academic Year(Natural Arts)
RMB 35,000/Academic Year(Medical Science)
RMB 20,000/Academic Year(Liberal Arts)
RMB 25,000/Academic Year(Natural Arts)
RMB 37,500/Academic Year(Medical Science)
RMB 23,000/Academic Year(Liberal Arts)
RMB 33,000/Academic Year(Natural Arts)
RMB 49,500/Academic Year(Medical Science)
Double Room（each with a private bathroom and a shower）
RMB 30/day（RMB 20/day for students from Central Asia）
RMB 400/Academic Term，RMB 800/Academic Year
III. Qualifications for Applicant
1. Applicants must be Non-Chinese Nationality and in good health.
2. Age limit:
Chinese language learners or general scholars must have a high school diploma or equivalent and under the age of 50;
Senior scholars must have a master degree or above and under the age of 50;
Bachelor degree applicants must have a high school diploma and under the age of 25;
Master degree applicants must have a Bachelor degree and be under the age of 35;
Doctoral degree applicants must have a Master degree and be under the age of 40;
3.Chinese language requirements：
Those who do not have the corresponding HSK certificate must study Chinese for 1-2 years, HSK level requirements are as follows：
Undergraduate Education--Literature, History, and Philosophy: HSK Level 4 (210 or more)；Other majors：HSK Level 4 (195-209)；Chinese Language：HSK level 4 (180 or more), HSKK (medium Level 40 or more).
Postgraduate education--literature, history, philosophy: HSK5 (180 or more); Other majors: HSK4 (210 or more).
IV. Application Materials
1. Application Form for International Students of Lanzhou university (Log in https://lzu.17gz.org/member/login.do to register).
2. Foreigner’s Physical Examination Form in Chinese or in English (Original forms must be presented when you come to register). In view of the fact that the inspection result is valid for 6 months, the applicant shall determine the time for the medical examination.
3. Notarized version of applicant’s related diploma and certificate. (in English or in Chinese).Graduating students are required to submit pre-graduation certificates. Original certificates must be presented when you come to register.
4. Notarized version of applicant’s original related degree transcripts (in English or in Chinese).
5. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or in English by different professors or associate professors. (No need to provide if applying Bachelor’s or non-degree.)
6. Personal Statement. It must include self-introduction, education background and purpose of study in China (in Chinese or in English no less than 800 words).
7. Non-criminal certificate.
8. Proof of economic status.
9. Proof of English or Chinese proficiency. (If has).
10. Copy of valid passport.
Unclear or incomplete materials are not accepted. All materials, whether admitted or not, will not be returned.
V. Application Procedure
1. Log into International Students Service System of Lanzhou University and finish online application: https://lzu.17gz.org/
2. Complete the applicant information and upload all required materials.
3. Mail all the required materials (2 sets, according to the order of the “Application Materials” list)to the School of International Cultural Exchange, Lanzhou University.
4. Enquiry admission results (about mid-July).
(Note: Online registration is a prerequisite procedure for applying. Our school will not accept paper application materials if there is no online application.)
VI. Contact Information
Contact: Miss Shan Wang, Miss Fei Xie
Tel: 0086-931-8912853, 0086-931-8914290
Mailing address: School of International Cultural Exchange, Room 701, Student Activity Center, Lanzhou University, No. 222 South Tianshui Road, Lanzhou, Gansu Province, P. R. China