Prospectus for Chinese Government Scholarship Programs of Lanzhou University
Lanzhou University, founded in 1909 , is one of the earliest higher education universities built in modern China and is a comprehensive university directly under the Ministry of Education in China. It is also one of the key construction universities of the national "985 Project" and "211 Project", and is one of the national "double first-class" construction universities.
Lanzhou University boasts of a wide range of disciplines, covering all 12 disciplines and has a large number of advantageous disciplines in chemistry, physics, materials science, earth science, plant zoology, mathematics, engineering, biology and biochemistry, environment and ecology, clinical medicine, medicine and toxicology, and agricultural science.
In 2019, entrusted by the Chinese Ministry of Education, Lanzhou University enrolls CSC scholarship students from all over the world.
I. Applications Deadline: March31st, 2019. (Friday)
II. Studying Period: 2-3 years for postgraduate and 4 dyears for Doctor. Students who choose classes taught in Chinese could have one year of Chinese studying (up to 1 year).
III. Details of scholarship:
1.Scholarship students are exempt from registration fee, tuition fee and accommodation fee. The university will not be responsible for any expenses entailed by any family members or visitors.
2.Provide on-campus accommodation (double room, free of charge)
3.Monthly living allowance is granted to the students from the date of registration at the following rates:
Master’s Degree: RMB 3,000
Doctoral Degree: RMB 3,500
4.Students will be provided with comprehensive medical insurance.
IV. Qualifications for Scholarship Application
1.Applicants must be Non-Chinese Nationality and in good health. Applicants must hold valid passports and will observe all the laws of China as well as the rules and regulations of Lanzhou University.
2. Degree and age requirements
Applicants for Master Degree studies must finish a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent and aged under 35.
Applicants for Doctoral Degree studies must finish a Master‘s Degree or its equivalent and aged under 40.
3.Applicants must have good grades and comprehensive capabilities to do science research.
4.Applicants must not accept other scholars.
V. Please check the attachment below for more information of majors.
VI. Applicants must submit:
1. Two copies of Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in English or in Chinese).
2. Two copies of Foreigner’s Physical Examination Form and blood test report in English. Original forms must be presented when you come to register. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner’s Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. In view of the fact that the inspection result is valid for 6 months, the applicant shall determine the time for the medical examination.
3. Notarized version of applicant’s highest diploma and degree. A copy of graduation certificate or degree certificate and English version of the certificate (each with a duplicate copy). Senior students should provide certificate which can show their expected date of graduation. Original certificate must be presented when you come to register.
4. Notarized version of applicant’s transcripts. Need original transcripts for all courses of the obtained highest degree (Documents in other languages must be accompanied by a notarized translation in Chinese or English).
5. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by different professors or associate professors (each with a duplicate copy，download).
6. A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words).
7. Copy or copies of any award or research can be presented to show your personal talents or achievements.
8. Proof of English or Chinese proficiency. (If has).
9. Three photocopies of applicant’s valid passport.
Materials above should be put in order (two sets). Unclear or incomplete materials are not accepted. All materials, whether admitted or not, will not be returned.
VII. Application Procedure
1. Log in tohttp://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register. (Program category: B; Agency code: 10730).
2. Check details and print the form with your photo, prepare the materials according to the requirements and order of the“Application Materials”list.
3. Mail all the required materials (2 sets) to the School of International Cultural Exchange, Lanzhou University.
1. According to the application materials, we will adopt merit-based enrollment. The results of the primaries will be determined at the beginning of May, and the final results of admission will be announced on about July 15 (subject to notification from the China Scholarship Council).
2. The admission time usually before September 15 of each year. The specific time will be based on the Admission Notice. Students who have been admitted should come to the student affairs’office of School of International Cultural Exchange, Lanzhou University to register on time, Those who fail to register during the specified enrollment time will be disqualified from enrollment
Room 701Students activity center, No.222 South Tianshui Road, Lanzhou, 730000, Gansu Province, P. R. China
Post code: 730000
Students Consultant: Wang Shan(Miss), Xie Fei(Miss)