Prospectus for Chinese Government Scholarship Programs at Lanzhou University
Lanzhou University, founded in 1909 , is a comprehensive university directly under the Ministry of Education in China. It is located in Lanzhou—the capital city of Gansu Province sitting along the Yellow River, covering a total area of 630.6 acres including 6 campuses and 3 affiliated hospitals.
Currently there are 20,710 undergraduates, 9, 682 postgraduates, and 2,295 PhD students on campus. There are 4,204 staff members and 2,015 full-time teachers working here, among them there are 507 professors, 697 associate professors, 1,543 graduate supervisors, and 11 academicians.
Lanzhou University boasts of a wide range of disciplines, covering all 12 disciplines except military science. Currently it embraces 91 undergraduate majors, 235 authorized graduate majors, 116 authorized doctoral majors and 14 centers for post-doctoral studies.
Lanzhou University is actively involved in international academic exchanges and cooperation programs, it has established friendly relations with over 153 universities and research institutes from over 39 countries and regions. Cooperation partners covers across Asia, America, Europe, Africa, and Oceania. In recent years, there were 7853 visiting scholars from foreign countries or from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan have come to our university, and we have sent 3,414 personnel to attend academic conferences, cooperative research and other activities, and sent about 4,135 students to study abroad both for degrees and to exchange. In addition, we have recruited and cultivated over 2,000 international students. Also Lanzhou University has co-established three Confucius Institutes with three foreign universities In Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, and Georgia and one Confucius Classroom in Georgia.
In 2018, entrusted by the Chinese Ministry of Education, Lanzhou University enrolls CSC scholarship students from all over the world.
I. Applications Deadline: April 20th, 2018. (Friday)
II. Studying Period: Three years for postgraduate and four years for Doctor. Students who choose classes taught with Chinese could have a year of Chinese studying.
III. Details of scholarship:
1. Scholarship students are exempt from registration fee, tuition fee and accommodation fee. The university will not be responsible for any expenses entailed by any family members or visitors.
2. Monthly living allowance is granted to the students from the date of registration at the following rates:
Master’s Degree: RMB 3,000
Doctoral Degree: RMB 3,500
3. Students will be provided with comprehensive medical insurance.
IV. Qualifications for Scholarship Application
1. Applicants must be Non-Chinese Nationality and in good health. Applicants must hold valid passports and will observe all the laws of China as well as the rules and regulations of Lanzhou University.
2. Applicants for Master Degree studies must finish a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent and aged under 35.
3. Applicants for Doctoral Degree studies must finish a Master’s Degree or its equivalent and aged under 40.
4. Applicants must have good grades and comprehensive capabilities to do science research.
5. Applicants must not accept other scholars.
V. Please check the attachment below for more information of majors.
VI. Applicants must submit:
1. Two copies of Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in English or in Chinese)
Note: how to print CSC application form:
（ⅰ）Log in to http://laihua.csc.edu.cn.
（ⅱ）Register an account.
（ⅲ）Log in with your account and password, complete the registration form( Agency code: 10730), confirm the information and save.
（ⅳ）Check details and print out the form with your photo.
2. Two copies of Foreigner’s Physical Examination Form (downloadable from http://sice.lzu.edu.cn/or http://www.csc.edu.cn/) and blood test report in English. original forms must be presented when you come to register. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner’s Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. In view of the fact that the inspection result is valid for 6 months, the applicant shall determine the time for the medical examination.
3. Notarized version of applicant’s highest diploma and degree. A copy of graduation certificate or degree certificate and English version of the certificate (each with a duplicate copy). Senior students should provide certificate which can show their expected date of graduation. original certificate must be presented when you come to register.
4. Notarized version of applicant’s transcripts. Need original transcripts for all courses of the obtained highest degree (Documents in other languages must be accompanied by a notarized translation in Chinese or English).
5. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by different professors or associate professors (each with a duplicate copy，download).
6. A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (each with a duplicate copy , for postgraduates no less than 800 words and for doctors no less than 1500 words).
7. Copy or copies of any award or research can be presented to show your personal talents or achievements.
8. Proof of English or Chinese proficiency.
9. Three photocopies of applicant’s passport information page and 3 passport-sized photos.
1. Incomplete or invalid documents will be rejected.
2. The application materials will not be returned regardless of the result of application.
2. Any material should be submitted with two copies.
VII. Application Procedure
1. Log in to http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register. ( Agency code: 10730)
2. Check details and print the form with your photo
3. Mail all the required materials to School of International Cultural Exchange, Lanzhou University.
1. According to the application materials, we will adopt merit-based enrollment. The results of the primaries will be determined at the beginning of May, and the final results of admission will be announced on about July 15 (subject to notification from the China Scholarship Council).
2. The admission time usually before September 15 of each year. The specific time will be based on the Admission Notice. Students who have been admitted should come to the student affairs’office of School of International Cultural Exchange, Lanzhou University to register on time, Those who fail to register during the specified enrollment time will be disqualified from enrollment
Room 908 Guan Yun Building, No.222 South Tianshui Road, Lanzhou, 730000, Gansu Province, P. R. China
Post code: 730000
Students Consultant: Wang Shan(Miss)