Prospectus for President Scholarship of International Students in Lanzhou University
Lanzhou University, founded in 1909 , is one of the earliest higher education universities built in modern China and is a comprehensive university directly under the Ministry of Education in China. It is also one of the key construction universities of the national "985 Project" and "211 Project", and is one of the national "double first-class" construction universities.
Lanzhou University boasts of a wide range of disciplines, covering all 12 disciplines and has a large number of advantageous disciplines in chemistry, physics, materials science, earth science, plant zoology, mathematics, engineering, biology and biochemistry, environment and ecology, clinical medicine, medicine and toxicology, and agricultural science.
In order to attract academically excellent international students, Lanzhou University is pleased to offer the President Scholarships for international students who desire to pursue Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctor’s degree studies at the Institution.
I. Places and standards of the scholarship
Up to 100 scholarships are awarded annually, of which 20 are for the students pursuing doctoral degrees, 50 for those pursuing Master’s degrees, and 30 for those pursuing Bachelor's degrees.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, registration fees, accommodation fees, insurance fees, as well as basic living expenses. And the specific standards are as follows.
PS: 1. The living allowance is normally tenable for ten months every year. During the period of Chinese language learning, the allowances for degree students will be provided according to specified value of undergraduates’ allowances.
2. The scholarship is tenable for the standard duration of schooling. Students unable to finish their studies on time cannot get allowances during the extended period. Should students really need financial assistance for their research, they may apply for additional assistance.
1. Applicants are non-Chinese citizens, in good health, hold valid passports, observe the laws of P.R. China, and comply with the rules and regulations of this University.
2. Applicants for Bachelor’s Degree shall hold a high-school degree or its equivalent, and the age shall not be over 25; applicants for Master’s Degree shall hold a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent, and the age shall not be over 35; applicants for Doctoral Degree shall hold a Master’s Degree or its equivalent, and the age shall not be over 40.
3. Applicants shall have excellent academic performance and/or research potential.
4. Applicants may not concurrently hold other scholarships offered by the Chinese government or other institutions.
5. Applicants for undergraduate programs on Chinese Language are supposed to reach the required Chinese language proficiency (HSK4 of minimum 180 or intermediate HSKK of minimum 50).
Applicants shall hand in or deliver the documents detailed below by the end of June. All of which should be submitted in duplicate.
1. Online application form for international students of Lanzhou university (Need to register and apply through our online application service system: https://lzu.17gz.org/member/login.do ).
2. Personal statement: Applicants are asked to prepare an essay describing their reasons for application, financial situation, education background, work experience, special skills, and study plan (minimum 1500 words) in either Chinese (taught in Chinese) or English (taught in English).
3. Foreigners Physical Examination Form (photocopy): Those forms without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a photograph of the applicants are invalid. The applicants shall select the appropriate time to take physical examination, as the result is valid for only 6 months. They are asked to register with the university with the original copies.
4. Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. Prospective diploma winners shall submit official proof of student status by their current school.
5. Notarized academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
6. Recommendation letters: Applicants for postgraduate programs are supposed to submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
7. Research works: Materials to prove academic achievements and research capabilities such as published papers, award certificates, etc.
8. Evidence of language proficiency (If has).
9. Valid passport (photocopy): Applicants are supposed to submit a photocopy of their passports valid for the duration of their stay in China.
Materials above should be put in order (two sets). Unclear or incomplete materials are not accepted. All materials, whether admitted or not, will not be returned.
Students shall complete their online registration and upload the required documents. (Website: http://lzu.17gz.org/member/login.do).
The deadline of the online application is June 10, 2019.
V.Scholarship recipients shall register on time at the university. Those unable to register on time without permission from the institution will cease to be eligible for the scholarship, and their scholarships will be automatically canceled.
VI. If recipients fail to reach the required Chinese language proficiency after one-year Chinese language learning, they have to submit an application for extension of Chinese learning. Scholarships cannot be provided during the extended period. However, it does NOT preclude the receipt of scholarships when they begin professional learning.
Wang Shan, Xie Fei
Tel: 0086-931-8912853, 0086-931-8914290
Websites: http://sice.lzu.edu.cn; http://www.lzu.edu.cn
Address: Office 701, Student activity center, 222 South Tianshui Road, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, Gansu, China